Protect you and your Mercedes-Benz.
Know your rights.
We suggest every driver should have collision repair insurance, which will help with the cost of repairing your vehicle in the event of an accident. It is important that policy holders understand their rights to ensure that their vehicle is repaired to their satisfaction. Your insurance company may make recommendations on what parts and shops to choose, but the decision should ultimately be made by the owner of the vehicle. Know your rights.
Know your policy rights.*
• You have the right to receive a copy of your policy. Take the time to read your automotive insurance policy and know your contractual rights.
• You have the right to cancel or change insurance at any time, not just when your policy is up for renewel1.
• You have the right to choose your own body shop for repairs unless this right is limited by your policy2.
• Your insurance company may not recommend Genuine Mercedes-Benz replacement parts.
• You have the right to request that only Genuine Mercedes-Benz parts be used when repairing your car. Insist that your insurer or body shop use original manufactured Genuine Mercedes-Benz parts and Mercedes-Benz approved repair procedures3.
• If non-genuine parts are used, you may request proof that the replacement parts are tested to Mercedes-Benz Replacement Parts standards2.
Always insist on Genuine Mercedes-Benz parts for the following reasons:
Non-genuine parts typically don’t adhere to the same high standards for quality, fit, dependability and performance. As a result, they run the risk of poor quality when it comes to materials, assembly and fit. Genuine Mercedes-Benz parts are the only replacement parts for your vehicle designed, manufactured, crash tested and approved to the exact specifications of your Mercedes-Benz. All Genuine Mercedes-Benz replacement parts are backed by the Mercedes-Benz Parts Limited Warranty.
1 Please refer to your state/local laws. 2 Contact your insurance adjuster and review your policy for more information. 3 Original Mercedes-Benz parts available except where prohibited by state law. 4 See your Mercedes-Benz retailer for details and a copy of the Mercedes-Benz Replacement Parts Limited Warranty. * The information included is meant to serve as a guide and is not a substitute for legal or professional advice. Please be certain to check with your insurance provider for more information.